DATA (PRIVACY) PROTECTION POLICY
In the course of serving you, NZ Van Lines Ltd may obtain personal information about you. Acquiring this information enables us to provide the highest level of service to you, but at the same time we acknowledge and respect the privacy rights of individuals relating to personal information.
We will, through appropriate management and application of criteria and controls.
- Observe fully, conditions regarding the collection and use of information
- Meet our legal requirements to specify the purpose for which the information is used, retained, and disposed
- Collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil our operational requirements in providing our services to you, or to comply with any legal requirement.
The company has a Data Protection Officer responsible for ensuring compliance with Data Protection.
We ensure that our staff, suppliers, partners or contactors are responsible for data protection in line with our policy.
We collect, process, transfer and communicate personal information about individuals through digital and paper-based data processing systems in line with FIDI FAIM compliance procedures and the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
We ensure that all processing and transfers of personal information are subject to all reasonable confidentiality and privacy safeguards.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
NZ Van Lines Ltd collects personal information to understand and meet our customers and potential customer’s needs and to fulfil our business objectives. This information is collected by various sources including information provided by its customers, agents other representatives or any third-party agents authorised to act on behalf of NZ Van Lines Ltd.
Personal Information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, identification number, passport details, date of birth, Job or Title and may also include financial information, such as credit card or other bank account data, or any other data provided related to the performance of moving, storage, relocation, or other associated services. However, NZ Van Lines Ltd limits its collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for its intended purpose and thus does not collect any information that is not relevant to the business or objectives in delivering approved services.
WHERE IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM?
When you visit our website www.nzvanlines.co.nz your browsing information (your browser type and the pages of the website that you visit) will be collected. Further information collection points are, but not limited to, google, social media platforms like facebook messenger, partner company and related referrals.
THE USE RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We limit the use of your personal information for the sole purpose of providing service to you.
Your personal information will allow us to provide and manage your required needs. It will also enable us to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. This use of information may include:
· Respond to your enquires
· Administer this website
· Personalise the website for you
· Enable your access to and use of the website services
· Supply to you, services that you purchase
· Send to you statements and invoices
· Collect payment from you
· Send you marketing communications
· Provide the moving, relocation or storage services requested
· Carry out our obligations in relation to any service agreement we have with you
All information is retained in accordance with New Zealand’s Companies Act 1993, and any amendments.
Your personal data is retained to comply with these regulations and for the purpose for which it was obtained.
Any personal data about you that is used for the purpose of marketing our service to you is retained on our mailchimp database, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
Once the periods of time necessary in order to achieve the objectives for which it was processed and to comply with legislation have been met, NZ Van Lines undertakes to shred paper based personal data and or to make it anonymous in digital records.
Currently this timeframe is after 7 years.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NZ Van Lines Ltd does not share your personal information with any third parties except as disclosed in this policy.
We may provide personal information to NZ Van Lines Ltd subcontractors and Global moving partners (which shall be bound by privacy obligations) in order to facilitate and carry out authorised services.
We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except subject to the categories listed below.
· Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a legitimate instruction from a government agency
· Government entities, courts, or other entities, such as in response to summons or other legal or regulatory processes, or to protect against fraud
· Pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction
· Where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business
· Government agencies, statutory authorities, and industry regulators
· Our sub-contractors or third-party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate
· To debt collection agencies to assist with collection of overdue or unpaid debts due to NZ Van Lines Ltd
Personal information is stored in a combination of paper and electronic files. Personal information held by NZ Van Lines Ltd is not accessible publicly. We take reasonable measures to protect personal information against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including credit card information that is submitted to us through defined procedures and appropriate technology designed for that purpose.
· We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural guidelines to protect your Personal Information.
· We assess our security standards and procedures from time to time to protect against unauthorised access to Personal Information.
· We store Personal Information only if needed for legitimate business purposes, or as required by contractual or legal requirements.
· We limit access to Personal Information on need-to-know basis only that is required to provide services to our customers.
NZ Van Lines Ltd will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
IN THE EVENT OF A DATA BREACH
We treat breaches seriously and have defined set of procedures in place in the event of a data breach. There is no single way of responding to a data breach, each breach will need to be managed relative to the situation.
A data privacy team will be assembled to investigate, manage, and respond to the personal data breach.
Data breaches may be caused by employees, parties external to the organisation or computer system errors. If a data breach occurs, NZ Van Lines will notify the individuals whose personal data has been compromised and third parties such as banks, credit card companies or the police where relevant. These individuals will be notified as soon as practical to allow them to take necessary actions early to avoid potential abuse of the compromised data. After steps have been taken to resolve the data breach, NZ Van Lines will review the cause of the breach and evaluate if existing protection and prevention measures and process are sufficient to prevent similar breaches from occurring, and where applicable put a stop to practices which led to the data breach.
CHOICE AND CONSENT
By engaging NZ Van Lines Ltd, you willingly authorise the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of your personal information to NZ Van Lines Ltd and 3rd parties within the Relocation Supply Chain for the purpose of performing your relocation. You may choose not to allow the sharing of your Information with third parties (“Optout”). If you Opt-out of the sharing of your Information, NZ Van Lines Ltd will be unable to provide global moving services to you. Your option allowing or denying the Information to be shared may be changed at any time by contacting Head Office at Info@nzvanlines.co.nz
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and up to date, by contacting Head Office at Info@nzvanlines.co.nz, or writing to us at: PO Box 38058, Wellington Mail Centre 5045, New Zealand
The cookies used on our website help us to understand the popular paths that user’s take to our site which in turn helps us to improve the users experience and further enhance our site.