There’s a reason why Auckland is the most populous city in New Zealand. In fact, there are plenty of reasons for it! The quality of life, the weather, the employment opportunities: it’s no wonder why people are drawn to the city of Auckland to live and work. But surely there’s more to it than that, right? In this post, we explain six reasons why Auckland is the best place to both live and work.
1) As a geographically diverse city, you can live however you like in Auckland. From cosmopolitan city living to beach lifestyles of the North Shore, Auckland presents a range of different environments to call your own neighbourhood. There are also plenty of opportunities for day trips in Auckland, like the Waiheke Island wine region, for example.
2) Auckland is also a culturally diverse place, full of interesting people – and that means interesting food! With a range of different cuisines available, including Asian, Middle Eastern, Mexican and way more, Auckland can satisfy your cravings for whatever you’re feeling at the time. It’s also known for its farm-to-table approach to food due to the ingredients freshly harvested from the nearby farms and the ocean.
3) Auckland is unarguably the liveliest city in New Zealand. With a bustling population of over 1.6 million, it’s a place for people to find their niche and hone in on their interests and talents. It’s also got a great nightlife and is home to the districts of Britomart and Ponsonby Road which boast bars, restaurants and clubs.
4) Auckland has some beautiful weather. With summer days ranging from 25 to 30 degrees and winter days sticking around 11 degrees, Auckland has a balanced climate which is perfect for those who prefer perfect warm days over stinking hot humidity. If you love hearing the pitter-patter of rain on your roof while you’re cosy in bed, Auckland’s also the perfect place for you. Spring and winter can be particularly rainy seasons.
1) For families with students, education is a big selling point for Auckland. The city ranks highly on the world stage of education, being home to hundreds of schools – both public and private. Auckland University consistently ranks inside the top 100 in the world.
2) Employment opportunities in Auckland are some of the best in the country. As such a large city, there’s demand for workers in all types of industries – from teaching to construction, from media to tourism.
So, is your heart sold on moving to Auckland to live and to work? We understand why. If you’re planning to move to Auckland, do it through a professional moving team like NZ Van Lines. They move Kiwis to the city of Auckland every day, so they’re experts in the field. To begin your new life as an Aucklander, contact the team at NZ Van Lines 0800 362 236 and get a free no-obligation quote today.